Badan Warisan Malaysia’s Love MY Heritage campaign aims to discover, collect and archive Malaysians’ valuable memories, which include personal, social, and historical, with the aim of sharing them with the world and thus promoting the idea of shared heritage. Everyone has their own version of heritage that they hold on to. It would be riveting to learn, hear and read the people’s stories and how they see heritage as part of their lives.
Love MY Heritage intends to invoke nostalgia and memories of heritage within individuals or groups that happened in the past either the heritage still remain until now or it’s been demolished, abandoned or faded. Heritage can be tangible or intangible, tangible refers to things that we can store or physically touch, for example, traditional clothing, tools, buildings, artwork, and monuments. Intangible heritage refers to things that are not physical items but exist intellectually, for example, oral traditions, rituals, beliefs and skills to produce traditional crafts.
This campaign focuses on Malaysian Heritage, parallel with its name where ‘MY’ is the abbreviation of Malaysia and as indication that the heritage is “ours”. Heritage is inclusive of features belonging to our diversified culture, such as traditions, languages, or buildings that were created in the past and still have historical importance. Heritage is the sum total of our memories, experiences, records, artifacts, and traditions that we have inherited. Heritage has brought together people from different levels and diverse backgrounds; Malaysia has been and continues to be a melting pot for diversity.
We invite you to participate and share the stories of your Malaysian heritage with us by submitting digital photos with a caption via the designated online platform. Selected entries will be shared on our online and social media platforms; featured photos that receive the most number of likes will receive a prize.
- Follow Badan Warisan Malaysia on Instagram and/or Facebook (Like & Follow).
- Submit the photo(s) with details that must include:
- Date of photo (e.g. year or MM/YYYY or c1960 means circa 1960)
- Location of photo (e.g. town & state)
- Description or story of photo (e.g. what is in the photo, what is it about, who is in it)
- Name (full name of participant)
- Participant’s IG handle (if any)
- #hashtag suggestion (one only)
- Pictures taken at any time are welcomed – No limit or specific period of time
- Each photo /series of photos MUST be accompanied by an anecdote or story or just a few sentences about the photo and/or the individuals/place within the image.
- Each photo must have a minimum resolution of 400 dpi in JPEG or PNG format.
- Unlimited entries per participant allowed.
- Submit your entries HERE.
Click HERE to read the Terms and Conditions. By submitting entries in this campaign, participants confirm that they have read, understood, and agree to the terms and conditions.
If you have any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LoveMYHeritage #HeritageMalaysia #OurHeritage #OurStories #BadanWarisanMalaysia #Malaysia #Nostalgia #Memories
Love MY Heritage is now an ongoing campaign and we no longer limit entries to photographs taken before the 1980s, so pictures taken at any time are welcomed!