INTERNSHIP/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR LIBRARY SCIENCE / RESOURCE CENTRE / RECORDS MANAGEMENT STUDENTS
Badan Warisan Malaysia is a non-profit organization committed to the conservation, preservation and promotion of Malaysia’s built heritage. We are based in 1920s colonial bungalow in the vicinity of the Petronas Twin Towers, and close to the commercial centre of Bukit Bintang. Our facilities include a specialized library and information service, the CHEN VOON FEE RESOURCE CENTRE.
Our Resource Centre Collection of over 7,000 items includes:
- Newspaper Articles
- Special Collections (Measured Drawings, Maps, Slides, Photographs, Negatives)
In view of our collection expansion, we would like to invite interested individuals to do practical training/ volunteering work at the Chen Voon Fee Resource Centre.
During the internship / volunteering, you will be exposed to all or some of these areas:
- Assisting the librarian in cataloguing books, documents, serials and other library materials
- Filing and Classifying newspaper and images collection
- Any other relevant office tasks including greeting visitors, making presentations, conducting tours, organising events, etc.
- Candidate must possess or currently pursuing a Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science / Resource Centre / Records Management
- Required language : English & Malay
- Internship duration of 3 to 6 months
- Volunteering opportunities on a part time or project basis also available
Download the Application Form and submit together with your CV to email@example.com